Friday, June 20, 2014

Congrats, Allison! :D

Dr. Allison Jade, a longtime friend and close colleague of mine, is celebrating her 10th anniversary in July this year. I've known her for years and I couldn't be happier for her.

Recently, she came to me for suggestions on the party she was going to throw. It was over lunch, I think, when she brought the party to my attention. She had wanted to invite the entire lab to celebrate with her, since so many of us were close friends.

"That's a wonderful idea!" I had told her, grinning. "Your lab techs are going to have a riot, I know how close you are with them."

"Like my little science children," Allison responded, smiling. "Are you going to attend, Rick?"

"I'm considering it. What's the theme?"

"Well that's the problem," she said, brow furrowing. "I haven't had much time to plan anything big, so it's just going to be informal. I've asked people to bring a dish to pass, to make it easier... but I don't know what I want the theme to be."

"Virii." I smirked.

"You are such an ass!" Allison laughed. "No. I was thinking costume party as the theme, but that seems too much, doesn't it?"

"Not at all," I reassured. "In fact, I think a costume party is a great idea. That way people can go all out, or they can just throw on a cheap masquerade mask. As long as they have at least a mask, it should qualify, right?"

"Right. Just as long as Wahlburn doesn't ruin it like he did last time someone threw a party - remember the pool noodle incident?"

I winced. Of course I remembered the pool noodle incident. Everyone in the lab remembered the pool noodle incident...

"Right. Well hopefully he'll be a little more considerate this time around."
"He'd better, or else he's getting thrown out."

The rest of the lunch period went fairly uneventfully as we discussed the Masque project and the promising new antibiotics that had been tested.

As for Allison's party, she's holding it a few weeks from now. I'll likely post about it after the fact, and then it's back to more work on the Masque project.

No comments:

Post a Comment