Thursday, March 13, 2014

Local Warning

Due to heavy flooding from snow melt, the Maryland area has become flooded in many districts, including the one my lab's located at. Unfortunately, this has caused the lower floor of the CDC building to be shut down, meaning I can't get into work and check my samples until the mess is cleaned up. The samples will be fine; they're kept in a sterile environment so no more contamination can happen, and I'm always the last one to lock up at night, so I know things are safe in there.

Until the floodwaters cede, stay safe and make sure to drink only bottled water, as it's likely that many water sources have been contaminated. I know there was a nasty water main and sewage pipe break over on 52nd, backing things up in that district. Keep safe and try to stay dry, guys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment