Monday, January 13, 2014

Antibiotic Testing

Today's the day, readers! I'm finally set to start research on MRSA serotype Masque, particularly in testing antibiotics. It's been confirmed by Dr. Wahlburn, who is working on the project with me, that the bacterium is indeed resistant to Penicillin, Cephalosporin, and weaker Tetracyclines. More research into the Tetracycline drug family may be necessary, as inadequate research was done on the stronger members of that drug family due to time constraints. Also tested will be trials involving Fluroquinolones and Macrolides. MRSA infections have previously responded favorably to Macrolide antibiotics in particular, so it's my hope that the same is the case with Masque.

Wish me the utmost luck; I'm about to dive into this project full force. I'll be sure to keep you updated as research continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment