Monday, February 3, 2014

Unfortunate Setback

No, no, no!

Someone left one of the fluoroquinolone-treated samples open over the weekend and didn't tell me. It's contaminated with God only knows what microflora now... I saw what looked to be like some kind of mold, and possibly E. coli from the food processing lab, meaning that someone didn't change their gloves - likely one of the lab techs on the Masque project.

So frustrated. Now I have to scrap the sample and start all over, and what's worse, I'll likely have to remove whomever didn't follow protocol from the project. I really hate having to get people in trouble with the higher-ups, but if protocol for highly contagious pathogens is broken, it could get all of us endangered or infected. It's a risk we just can't take...

Out of personal interest, I'll keep the contaminated sample separate from the others; I'd like to see if the Masque strain plays nice with other microflora. As for the setback, let's just hope that the rest of the week is better than this one was... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment